HO HO HOT Santa’s grotto bursts into flames forcing parents and kids to flee garden centre

by Super User
Two fire engines raced to the scene at Notcutts in Woodbridge, Suffolk yesterday afternoon. PARENTS were forced to flee with their children when a Santa's grotto burst into flames at a garden centre. Families had been lining up to meet Father Christmas and his elves when the blaze broke out in Suffolk yesterday.

No one was hurt but the grotto was reduced to ashes at Notcutts garden centre in Woodbridge. Crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service rushed to the scene at around 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two appliances attended a report of a fire at a garden centre. "Crews found a marquee used as Santa's grotto to be well alight and they used two hose reel jets to extinguish."



The garden centre tweeted last night: "Today there was a fire in the grotto at the Woodbridge centre. No one was injured. "We will reopen as usual tomorrow however the grotto will remain closed. "Anyone with grotto tickets should contact us for more details. "Our thanks to the emergency services for their quick response."



A Notcutts spokeswoman said today "On Sunday December 3, a fire in the Woodbridge Christmas grotto led to the closure of the store as a precautionary measure. "Fire crews were on site quickly and no customers or colleagues were injured during the incident. "The centre manager and colleagues were quick to follow safety protocol at the time of the incident and we are undertaking a thorough investigation. "Unfortunately, the grotto will remain closed until further notice. "Any customers with pre-booked grotto tickets should contact customer care for more information.

Leave your comments

Comments

  • No comments found